Omelet with Poblano Chile and Ham
This omelet with roasted poblano, ham and smoked manchego cheese is sure to be a delicious choice for breakfast. Use an Alto-Shaam Xcelerate to prepare the omelet in less than two minutes and use a Smoker oven in order to develop the dishes' flavors even further.
- 1 ounce smoked Manchego Cheese*
- 1 Poblano chile
- 2 slices Turkey Ham
- 2 large eggs
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Roast the chile in the Xcelerate oven at 275C (536F) for 3 minutes, 100% Fan, 40% microwave.
- Turn the chile over and repeat. The skin should be blistered and black in some spots.
- Place chile in a bowl and cover. Let sit till cool.
- Peel and seed the chile.
- Tear or cut into strips about 1 cm (1/2 inch) by 5 cm (2 inches)
- Slice Ham and cheese into strips.
- Beat eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Add strips of ham, cheese and chile.
- Cook in XL-400 at 275C (536F) for 1 minute 15 seconds at 70% fan, 30% microwave in a non-stick omelet pan with metal handle
- Let sit a minute then fold over.
*Smoke the Manchego cheese in the smoker with ice.
Smoke only for 15 minutes, let rest for 45 minutes more.
Wrap and chill.