Almond Pots de Creme
Almond pots de creme poached to perfection in a combi oven.
1 C (237 ml) almonds
3 C (710 ml) heavy cream
1 lb (.45 kg) chocolate, chopped
1 C (237 ml) Amareto
9 egg yolks
3/4 C (177 ml) sugar
- Toast almonds in a preheated combi oven on convection at 350ºF (175 C), 80% fan, for 5 minutes or until brown.
- Chop in a food processor and add to cream.
- Bring cream to a boil, remove from heat and add chocolate, let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add Amareto to cream.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs and sugar. When the cream is cool, add to the egg mixture and strain.
- Pour into ramekins and cook in combi mode at 190ºF (88 C), 20% fan, 100% humidity for 40 minutes or until set.
- Chill for service.
Garnish with berries, mint and serve with a cookie.