Apple custard prepared in a combi oven.
3 medium size tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 3 cups) (710 ml)
1 t. (5 ml.) Fresh lemon juice
3/4 c.(177 ml) plus 3 T (44 ml) sugar
2 t. (10 ml) ground cardamom
2 t. (10 ml) ground cinnamon
3/4 c. (177ml) unsalted butter
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. (236ml) all purpose flour
- Preheat combi oven to 150°F (88 °C)
- Spray silicone cupcake pans with vegetable release
- Toss the apples in a bowl with the lemon juice and 2 T (10ml.) of the sugar and spices. Place apples in cupcake cups.
- Melt butter and add ¾ c. (177ml.) sugar, eggs, flour and blend. Spoon batter over apples and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Steam for 30 minutes at 190°F (88 °C), 100% humidity and 20% fan.
Serve with raspberry sorbet amd apple relish for garnish.