Beef Tongue in Green Tomato Sauce
The Alto-Shaam Cook & Hold and Combitherm oven come together to create this unique dish that is full of flavor. Cook the beef tongue in the Cook & Hold and then finish off the dish in a Combitherm.
- 1 beef tongue
- 1 medium sized onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2.2 lbs tomatillos, peeled and washed
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 branches cilantro
- 2 – 3 chipotle chiles
- Salt, pepper to taste
1. Cook tongue in pan in cook and hold oven at 120C (250F) for 2 ½ hours, hold at 75C (165F) overnight
2. Peel tongue, and slice.
3. Make green salsa by steaming the other ingredients in combi at 100C (212F) for 20 minutes, then pureeing in blender.
4. Combine sliced tongue and salsa in pan, and cook in combi mode at 150 C (300F) for 10 minutes, 80% fan and 50% humidity.
5. Serve with rice and steamed vegetables