Braised Lamb with Sour Orange Marinade
This passover lamb recipe serves 8-10 people, and is a great option for Easter dinners.
- 6 LB. (2.7 kg) deboned leg of lamb
- 4 sour oranges
- 1 T. (14 ml) dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 C. (236 ml) dry white wine
- 1 t. (5 ml) Kosher salt
- 1 t. (5 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 T. (30 ml) vegetable oil
Juice the oranges and combine with all remaining ingredients except oil. Place the lamb into the marinade, cover and refrigerate for two to four hours.
In a large pot, heat oil. Place lamb into the pot and sear on all sides. Pour the marinade over the lamb, cover and bring to a boil. Place the covered pot into the CT PROformance™ Combitherm® oven set at 300ºF in combi mode with 60% fan and 100% humidity Insert the probe and set the temperature to 175ºF. Let lamb rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Slice and serve with reduced marinade.